Nur auf Englisch

Leider ist der Eintrag nur auf Amerikanisches Englisch verfügbar.

Do I need a visa for my Spanish course in Spain?

General information on visa requirements:

  • A visa is not required for Schengen Area members.
  • A visa is not required for citizens of some countries for stays of up to three months. For stays of over three months for these countries mentioned below, a visa is required.
  • A visa is required for all other countries regardless of the length of stay.
    (see the list of the countries below)

Students who wish to participate in Spanish courses in Spain and who come from a country that requires a visa to enter Spain should ask their Spanish embassy or consulate for information on the requirements for studying in Spain before completing the registration form.

In general, the following documents are needed when applying for a visa:

  • A correctly completed printed visa application
  • A passport valid for the duration of period specified in the visa application, student ID, ID
  • Recent passport photographs, envelopes
  • Confirmation letter from the Spanish school
  • Health insurance covering all medical expenses for the duration of the stay and repatriation costs associated with an accident or sudden illness.
  • Evidence of sufficient funds to study in Spain (copy of income sheet, scholarship certificate or financial help, letter from parents or tutors taking full responsibility for the accommodation costs and living expenses)
  • Police clearance certificate
  • Health Certificate

For students under the age of 18 who will not be accompanied by their parents, parental authorisation is required to participate in the course.

Conditions for studying Spanish at Academia Pradoventura in Prado del Rey

Students from countries which require a visa to enter Spain and who wish to do a Spanish course should read the above information carefully before enrolling for a Spanish course.

The student is responsible for the entire visa application process, and Academia takes no responsibility if the visa application in rejected.

If the student needs a confirmation letter from the school in order to apply for the visa, the student should fill in the enrolment form and ask for a confirmation letter for visa purposes in the observation field. Academia Pradoventura will send the confirmation letter after having received 50% of the total price of the course. This letter certifies that the student is enrolled in a Spanish course and it will indicate the student’s name, the type of course, the dates of study, the address of the accommodation assigend to the student and the payment received. It is signed by the Director of Academia Pradoventura and features the school’s stamp.

If the student cannot attend the Spanish course due to the rejection of the visa application, he/she must send the original official rejection letter to the school at least three weeks before the start of the Spanish course in Prado del Rey in order to obtain a refund of his/her deposit. The whole amount minus administrative costs (bank transfers, telephone calls, faxes, priority mail, etc) will be returned.

If we receive the cancellation less than three weeks from the start of the Spanish course, all of the money minus 100 Euros plus administrative costs will be returned.
We recommend you to enroll and aply for the visa at least three months before the start of the desired Spanish course, in order to have sufficient time to obtain the visa.

List of countries

A visa is not required for citizens of the following countries:

  • Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia,  Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.

A visa is not required for any stay of less than three months. For stays of longer than three months, a visa is required for citizens of the following countries:

  • Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia,  El Salvador, United States, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong-Kong – Special Administrative Region (Citizens of the Republic of China), Israel, Japan, Lichteinstein, Malaysia, Macao –  Special Administrative Region (Citizens of the Republic of China), Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Republic of South Korea, San Marino, Santa Sede, Singapur, Switzerland, Uruguay, Venezuela.

A visa is obligatory regardless of the duration of stay for citizens of the following countries:

  • Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Saudi Arabia,  Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Butan, Burma/Myanmar, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, China, Colombia, Comores, Congo, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Eritrea, Ethiopia,  The Filipines, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau,  Equatorial Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakstan, Kenya, Kyrghistan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Laos, Lesotho, Libano, Liberia, Libia, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Northern Marianas, Morocco, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palaos, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Qatar,  Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Dominican Republic, Russia, Rwanda, Solomon Islands, Samoa, St. Vicent y  Granadinas, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Santo Tomé & Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Siria, Somalia, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Sudan, Surinam, Swaziland, Thailand, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tajikistan, East Timor, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Palenstinian Authority, West Timor.

We can help you with any further questions you might have. Please just contact us.